Climate Controlled Self Storage
Climate control storage is a new type of self-storage facility that uses temperature-controlled units to protect your belongings from extreme heat and cold while also accounting for humidity. It’s an alternative to traditional storage solutions where tenants store their belongings in climate-controlled units that help preserve their value. In this blog, we’ll discuss why you should consider climate-controlled storage for your items, how it works and what makes it different from other types of self-storage units.
What is Climate Control Storage?
Climate control storage is a new way of storing your belongings, making them more comfortable and convenient. It’s like having the AC on all summer, but without the expense.
The main difference between climate control storage and regular storage is that in this case, you don’t need to worry about getting everything home-safe for winter—the unit will do it for you! The system also keeps things cool even when temperatures are up high. This means less wear on your belongings as well as less damage from heat exposure if you experience an accident or break-in at your home.
Climate Control Self Storage
Climate-controlled self-storage units are a great option for storing temperature-sensitive items. These units keep the temperature consistent, even in extreme weather conditions. They are also an excellent choice for storing items that need to be kept dry or free of moisture.
As we mentioned above, climate control does not just help protect your belongings from extreme temperatures—it also helps them stay fresh longer so you can enjoy them longer as well!
Which of my items needs a Climate Controlled Storage Unit?
1. Artwork and antiques
2. Musical instruments
4. Photographs and film
5. Important documents and paperwork
6. Leather and fur clothing
9. Collectibles and figurines
How to Choose and Prepare for the Right Climate-Controlled Storage Unit
1. Start by deciding which of your items need the benefits of a Climate Controlled storage unit
2. Choose the right storage unit size based on your storage needs
3. Check the location of the storage facility you choose, to make sure it is convenient for you.
4. Make sure the unit is clean and well maintained, especially in terms of its interior finishings, such as floors, walls and ceilings, air conditioning, heating systems, alarm systems, and fire suppression equipment.
5. Pack your belongings with purpose. Use bubble wrap or newspapers and pack them as close to each other as possible to prevent damage from a possible moving accident.
6. Move your items to your climate-controlled storage unit and start being carefree
Why Do I Need Climate-Controlled Storage?
If you want to store items that are sensitive to temperature and humidity, climate-controlled storage is the way to go. The reason for this is that it helps protect your belongings from extreme temperatures and humidity.
Climate-controlled storage is also a good option for people who live in areas with extremely hot or cold weather conditions. In such cases, their possessions must stay protected from those extremes so they can be stored safely while they’re away from home no matter if a polar vortex or extreme heatwave is approaching your doorstep.
Don’t risk damage to your belongings.
You can safely store your items in climate-controlled storage. Items that are sensitive to temperature, humidity, or condensation will be protected from the elements while they’re stored in the safe environment of a climate-controlled storage unit.
- Keep items in their original packaging. This is the first thing you should do before storing anything, and it’s the same procedure you would follow with all traditional storage units. You don’t want to see your precious possessions damaged by moisture or extreme heat, so make sure each item has its bag or box and is stored separately from other items.
- Climate Control: You can keep your items cool and dry with climate control units that maintain a constant temperature between 70 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees Fahrenheit inside their walls. This is ideal for storing valuable or fragile items such as antiques or art pieces that need to be kept at room temperature and out of extreme humidity! The interior walls will keep them safe from high heat or cold weather fluctuations outside so you don’t have to worry about damaging them with extreme temperatures like those experienced by most homes during the winter and summer months
Summarizing all points, climate control will be one of the best options if you want to keep your items safe in storage.
Rent Your Climate-Controlled Storage Unit Today
Find a KO facility near you and find the best storage solution for your storage needs