Vehicle and RV Self Storage
Self-storage is a great option for vehicle and RV owners who don’t have the space to store their vehicles at home. In this blog post, we will discuss why vehicle and RV storage is important, how to choose the right storage facility, and what to look for in a storage unit.
First, let’s talk about why vehicle and RV storage is important. Vehicles and RVs are a significant investment, and proper storage is crucial to keep them in good condition and protect them from the harsh elements of nature. If your vehicle or RV is not stored correctly, it can be damaged by sun, wind, rain, and snow. This can lead to costly repairs and decrease the value of your vehicle or RV.
When it comes to choosing a storage facility, there are a few key things to consider. First, you want to find a facility that is secure and has a good reputation. Look for a facility that offers 24-hour surveillance and secure gate access. You should also consider the location of the facility. It should be easily accessible and close to your home or your favorite National Park where you frequently use your vehicle or RV.
Once you have found a facility that meets your needs, you will need to choose the right storage unit for your vehicle or RV. There are a few key things to consider when selecting a storage unit. First, you need to make sure that the unit is large enough to fit your vehicle or RV. Measure your vehicle or RV and make sure that the unit you choose has enough space to accommodate it.
You should also consider the type of unit you need. If you plan to store your vehicle or RV outside, our parking lots or covered storage units are good options. This will protect your vehicle or RV from the elements and keep it in good condition. If you want to store your vehicle or RV indoors, a climate-controlled unit is an even better option. The only downside to that is that climate-controlled storage units are usually more expensive than outdoor ones but they will protect your vehicle or RV from extreme temperatures and humidity that an outdoor storage unit doesn’t.
If you don’t own an RV but you want to store your car long term, parking it in a self-storage unit whether that is an indoor or an outdoor one, would be the most value-for-money solution. There are a few things to consider though and prepare appropriately before storing your car.
1. Clean the interior and exterior of your car thoroughly, including the windows, wheels, and tires. This will help prevent dirt and grime from building up and causing damage to your car’s surfaces.
2. Fill up the gas tank to prevent moisture from accumulating inside the fuel system and to prevent the fuel from deteriorating.
3. Check the air pressure in the tires and inflate them to the recommended level. This will help prevent flat spots from forming on the tires and will make it easier to move the car when it is time to take it out of storage.
4. Change the oil and replace the oil filter. This will help ensure that your car’s engine is well-lubricated and will prevent it from deteriorating while in storage.
5. Check all of the fluid levels, including the brake fluid, coolant, and transmission fluid, and add more if necessary.
6. Disconnect the battery or use a battery maintainer to keep it charged. This will prevent the battery from losing its charge and will help ensure that it is ready to start the car when it is time to take it out of storage.
7. Cover the car with a car cover to protect it from dust and other debris.
8. Consider using a moisture absorber or dehumidifier in the storage unit to prevent moisture from damaging your car.
9. Make sure the storage unit is secure and has adequate ventilation.
10. Make a plan for checking on the car periodically and starting it up and moving it around to keep it in good working order.
In conclusion, vehicle and RV storage is an important consideration for vehicle and RV owners. A good storage facility will keep your vehicle or RV safe and in good condition, protecting your investment. When choosing a storage facility, make sure to consider security, location, and the type of unit you need. With the right storage solution, you can rest easy knowing that your vehicle or RV is safe and secure.
Rent a Vehicle or RV Storage Unit Today
Find a KO facility near you and find the best storage solution for your storage needs